Is Elastic services EC2 required? I created my AWS account, but can't figure out how to get this "ami-xxx" number. When I search for an AMI, and select an available instance, and press launch, the id turns into an 'instance id in the form of i-xxx, not ami-xxx'.
So. I'm stuck at the "instance" creation of the bamboo configuration and not yet into the 'plan' stuff.
Any advise for this newbie?
Counting down my free 30 day trial to see if Bamboo CI can replace Hudson...hope I can get it to work satisfactorily, else ... and if I go out of budget... didn't know this AWS/EC2 thing was required...hope not.
Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: 9b077d92-ade5-4902-97fd-f394fc38d1a8, AWS Error Code: InvalidAMIID.NotFound, AWS Error Message: The image id '[ami-3aa2ea68]' does not exist
And
Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: 02532353-5ce2-4ecc-af68-2149c9a868b3, AWS Error Code: InvalidAMIID.Malformed, AWS Error Message: Invalid id: "i-08d5f55e" (expecting "ami-...")
Thanks!