I need to create a YAML deployment plan for an environment that has multiple tasks, each using a different Docker image and different commands being run in the Docker image. And I'm having trouble determining how to do that.
First, I just want to verify that stages cannot be created in a deployment plan, correct?
If stages can't be used, how can I run different Docker images with different sets of commands in a deployment plan? Let's assume I have an environment named "Preprod" and I want to run some tasks similar to:
- Deploy Application (Docker image #1, commands A, B, C)
- Run Selenium Tests (Docker image #2, command D)
- Run OWasp ZAP Scan (Docker image #3, command E)
Is there a way to do this in a YAML deployment plan?
I suppose I could run these tasks as additional stages in the build plan. And just forget using a deployment plan. Or, I suppose another option would be to create a single, composite Docker image with everything I need and use that single image.
What's the best way to approach this deployment plan in Bamboo?
Would appreciate any insight from those more experienced with Bamboo.
Thanks