Is there a legend somewhere to clarify what the purple line relates to? I find I get confused knowing which branch is which. I have only been using SourceTree for a few weeks so I am probably missing something.
sourcetree.PNG
I do not understand this question.
What do you mean by "to identify branch", and why would you need a legend to do that?
Thanks for the reply Seth, I have updated my initial question.
Very helpful update, thanks.
You are definitely not the first to ask this question (try searching this site for "branch colors"), and the problem basically boils down to this: even though the name "branch" implies that it refers to a line of commits, on a technical level, a branch only refers to a single commit.
I wrote a rather detailed answer to one of these questions recently, hopefully it helps: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44220615
I've seen other git clients show a branch name next to each commit. The Bitbucket website does this also. But after you've done a few merges they ALL give up on doing that.
On the rare occassion that I know in advance I will need 10+ branches being worked on simultaneously and will rarely be merged, I get into the habit of prefixing my commit messages with the branch name.
The GitKraken program allows you to show/hide 1 or more branches like you would with layers in a Photoshop document. Sourcetree can only show/hide all local and all remote branches.
So if I have 15 branches, in sourcetree I can see either all 30 local+remote or just all 15 local branches.
But in GitKraken I can set it to only show 1 or 2 or 4 or 5 etc.
When I click your link I get an SSL error - using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit), but I get similar errors with Opera and FireFox. (Why does public info even need to be encrypted??)
answers.atlassian.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCHHide detailsUnsupported protocolThe client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.