open workplaces are counter productive:
I totally agree and, as far as I know, it is the consensus between work-place researchers also at this moment:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90204593/heres-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-open-plan-offices
People need their privacy to focus and make their job right. The main advantage that was supposedly brought advantage - easier cooperation between people, isn't working that good as it should.
My ... I'm an advocate for a good balance of both. Personally, I find there are different types of tasks that require either my undivided attention or for me to be bouncing ideas around with those around me.
If you ask any of my colleagues, I spend a good amount of time jumping from my desk to someone else's or rolling around the floor on my chair
Open spaces also help a good deal when you want to start a nerf battle
I agree on the importance of balance.
Something the Jira Align team did was purchase head sets that have red lights on the outside that you can turn on when you are "locked in" and do not want to be distracted. This way team members know when it is safe to approach someone.
Having a couple of quiet call rooms and a standalone conference room can also provide a place for serious calls or meetings when necessary.
when it is safe to approach someone.
😂
Yup! These are the head phones we have now with a big scary red light to avoid!
That's awesome! 😧
Sometimes they make it harder to focus!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.