This is happening on a colleague's machine. I can still push to the remote via the command line but not via the SourceTree push dialog. We tried restarting Sourcetree and also restarting the laptop (running Windows 10 x64). I'm running the same version of SourceTree (3.2.6) on my machine without any problems (same OS). Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?
Hello! Your colleague might not be on the same version -- there was an issue with this in v3.2.5. You can manually download 3.2.6 here, or open Options > Updates and check for the new update which is now available to all users.
As a workaround if you're not able to upgrade: uncheck and then check the "push" checkbox in the push dialog for the empty entry you're attempting to push and it should work. Sorry about that!
Thanks for your reply Mike. When I go to the "Help -> About" in SourceTree on my colleague's laptop it tells me that version 3.2.6 is running.
And to clarify: his push dialog box has no entries at all even though he has multiple local branches (both local only and remote tracking branches), so your workaround isn't applicable. He just uses git push via the command line.
On my machine (with the same 3.2.6 version) I get my local branches listed and the remote tracking branch name (if they exist) or just a blank remote branch name for local only branches.
I suspect something odd is happening.
Can you have your colleague do the following:
If that doesn't fix it, then try and do the following:
From there, you should be able to run the same command and see if the output is the same.
Thanks for your help Mike. It turned out that my colleague had an older version of git (2.11.0) and that one didn't know the format option to the git branch command so instead of the list of branches on the remote, we got an error message. I believe the --format option to git branch was introduced with git 2.13.0. After we upgraded his system to git version 2.23.0 it all started to work again.
Hi, I had same problem, but after (re)downloading the embedded Git version and restart, the problem was solved.
Hi, I'm having the same issue with Source Tree 3.2.6: newly created local branches cannot be pushed because they do not appear in push dialog, I need to use command line and it's highly annoying.
Updating system Git to version 2.23.0 didn't fix it.
If I try to update embedded version, it downloads Git 2.21.0 and that doesn't solve the problem either.
Slightly different from the issue we had. Someone could have 5 or 10 local branches and none of them would show up in the Push dialog. The "Branches to push" list was completely empty. They all appear now that the system Git has been upgraded.
The same for me.
I have the same issue, any luck getting it solved?
Guys I tried two things after I upgraded to version 2.3.6
a) First of all get the latest GIT
https://git-scm.com/download/win
Remember to update both the versions if your system is a 64 bit machine, I observed that even the default 64 bit was downloaded, the system option still referred the 32 bit which was older
32-bit Git for Windows Setup.
64-bit Git for Windows Setup.
Once i updated the git exes to point to the latest , at least the big annoying issue of empty Push dialog got solved
$ git --versiongit version 2.23.0.windows.1
b) There was another nagging issue, if you have created a fresh local branch and tried to push to remote, it wont show in the push dialog
You have to make sure the push branches is NOT set to matching value, the default or the upstream value solved this
Changing push branches from current to upstream seems to have done the trick. Thank you
I've been facing this issue for months but still can't figure it out. Like Manohar described, I create a fresh local branch, then try to push my changes so I can submit a PR with that branch. However, I never see my new branch in the Push dialog. I tried EVERY SINGLE "Push Branches" option there is. The behavior is exactly the same, regardless of what I set. I've just been using command-line to push to my changes.
GIT UPDATE solved this for me
I had the same problem after upgrading. I followed the most of the above steps, to no avail. In the end I saw Tools->Options->Git->Git Version->Emedded was not activated.
I Selected it so that it became greyed out. Now it works
I have changed the Tool -> option -> git -> push branches simple to upstream it's worked for me. Thank you!!
Thanks @andreodendaal
That also fixed the problem for me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.