We configured and have been using Jira's user directories. We are now evaluating Crowd. When we use Crowd, do we disable all user directories in Jira? I have an ldap user directory in crowd. Jira, however, is really mix-mash right now with some percentage of users using Jira's internal user directory, and then next in line it users ldap user directory. We also set up for global permissions a group called jira-login, or maybe that was there already from an older version of Jira. The jira-login group is what the user directories in JIRA were auto-assigning people to if they logged into JIra. It is also the JIRA user directory that the ldap user directory auto-assigns well as it pulls in and synchronizes users. I realized later this was not so great as each user in AD/ldap takes a license. This was not a big deal with having the 10000+ license model, but ideally I would like to fix this if we are moving to using Crowd. Useful/practical thoughts and ideas on these things would be appreciated.