Is it possible to update the status for a Component Group and not just a Component? The component tagging works great, but I'd like to avoid having to take many components for each kind of alert.
I'm currently using OpsGenie to tag Datadog alerts and push the important ones to Statuspage.
https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/statuspageio-integration#section-changing-componentincident-statuses-via-alert-tags-optional
Hi Zach,
Nick from Symantec here. My understanding is the group/parent component status is derived from the status of its child components. As such you would need to make the changes to the child components to get the group/parent component to change.
I don't think there is a way to "force" a group/parent's status.
Thanks,
Nick
Zach,
Wanted to quickly confirm that Nick was spot on! Component Groups cannot have a status assigned to them directly, as they are just a logical 'folder' for organization. The components inside the group itself are what have directly addressable statuses.
ParkerStatuspage Support
Gotcha. The Edit page for a component group refers to it as the "Component Name", so I'd hoped they might be treated the same under the hood.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.