Say I have a list with multiple hundred cards that I want to sort into two categories depending on their labels. Is there a way to move all cards with a specific label into a separate list?
You could filter the board to the label using the board menu -> search cards and then move the ones that show after applying the filter. That is the only way I know to do it.
@Jasper French this Trellinator command would sort cards into 2 lists based on label:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/6a82562d486e447307df4911b7bcf76a
You can read more about Trellinator here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
I would love to see this built-in to Trello. I'm in the process of splitting a board in two. Very painful. And it's the second time I've had to do it.
@Lachlan Macnish since I posted my answer above I have launched a "hosted Trellinator" that allows you to execute code to do this type of thing more easily. Here's a snippet to do the above:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/62fe141876d23d79469da792db96ce4b
You can execute it here:
https://app.benkobot.com/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.