Hello
I am wanting to create two different card templates. One that provides different information around various roles (more like an information card) and then a standard card for workflow etc.
Is this possible using any of the power ups?
Thanks
@Natasha Steedman : that's a bit of an irritating one (I need them too!) because it used to be possible but doesn't seem to work any more:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Create-template-trello-card/qaq-p/885720
From the Trello team Power ups Card Repeater is available but I don't think it will satisfy your need.
https://help.trello.com/article/1068-using-the-card-repeater-power-up
There are no 3rd party Power ups for Card Templates (that I know of!)
Maybe worth reaching out to Trello product management with a feature request...?
@Natasha Steedman We use the Butler Power Up to do this in two different ways:
Version 1:
Version 2:
I think either option would work for you. Here's the link to Butler's Power Up page for more information. It may be some trial and error with getting things set up.
Nice workarounds using Butler @carrie_eandm ! 👏🤓
@Andy - PTC Redundant Thanks! We're huge Butler fans and have been on board before they became popular (when it was a Bot, not the Power Up).
There's so many possibilities with it!
@carrie_eandm : Hah hah! You're welcome! Wow... "Bot"... haven't seen that word in a while! Yes, there are so many possibilities. Sound like you guys are making really good use of it!
Thanks for responding.
I've pretty much looked at most power-ups (took a while!).
I am sure this must be a thing that many people want to do.
CheersNatasha
@Natasha Steedman custom fields are on a per board basis. If you want different custom fields on different types of cards, put the cards on different boards. If you're worried that you'll lose track of different boards, just create a board to hold cards that link to each sub-board, then star that board so you have a kind of "board of boards" overview of the different boards that hold the various custom fields.
Thanks for the workaround but yes I understood this already. I need card templates on one board.
Cheers
@Natasha Steedman If you want them all on one board, is there any reason you can't just store the information in the card description in a semi-structured format?
Custom fields show on the card front - which is what I require.
Also custom fields can be used with Butler for rules.
Its clear this can't be done so all good.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.