We run a "no estimates" shop with Kanban teams, so we’d like to figure out a way that we could automate rough scope. We do not use Sprints or Story Points or Days.
What I’d like to do is set an estimated time for an issue (in this case an EPIC) and when the issue is moved to In Progress, the timeline bar automatically appears and goes OUT to the estimated time. However, the field that we are using for "Original Estimate" is derived from our Tempo add-on, so I am not sure it will tie into Portfolio.
Is there another field I should be using that would correlate with the timeline bar?
Or is there any way to use the Original Estimate field and have it populate the timeline bar in Portfolio when the EPIC is moved to In Progress?
Or any better ideas for how we can use the timeline bar automatically for rough estimates if we are not using the story points/days/hours fields?