One of the ways that people (and teams!) bond, collaborate and grow closer is over a good meal. I love hearing people's stories about "best meal ever" because it usually involves the people and location just as much, if not more, than the food.
For me, they'd have to be:
- Eating a whole, perfectly grilled fish in some amazing sauce, with the local rose wine (that they don't sell anywhere else) on the island of Capri. I can't remember the restaurant name, but damn.
- A lobster feed at my friends' house in southern Mass. We doused these in melted butter, and also scarfed down some corn on the cob. Simple and perfect! These were super close friends who moved away, so it also involved some serious wine, a fire, and lots of catching up.

- A harvest and foraging fall feast we hosted. Everyone brought something they'd foraged or grown, and then we prepped it into something delicious. I made venison medallions smothered in chanterelle mushrooms and fresh basil. My friend Chuck brought the venison, which we'd assumed he hunted. After we finished eating, he revealed that it was actually fresh road kill. THANKS CHUCK.