I just downloaded source tree on windows 7 64 bit and am trying to launch the terminal from inside the GUI but it seems like its not able to launch the terminal. A window does pop up very briefly but thats it.
Are you using embedded git or system git?
git 1.9.4 for windows. I think its system GIT
So i just checked again and figures that it is system GIT
Are there any updates on this topic?
Yes. The terminal button actually works fine now that I switched back to useing embedded GIT. I was using system git earlier since I already had downloaded GIT previously.
Note that SourceTree does not start the terminal when not in a repository (e.g. fresh install, no repo yet).
To enable the terminal, either:
Thanks Aman Sehgal.
I disabled "Use Git Bash as default terminal" in "Tools->Options->Git" and now it's working fine.
I'm using Source Tree 2.1.2.5 on Windows 10 and was experiencing the same problem with some GIT repositories.
Tried it -- same error. I believe that, several days ago, I installed another "git" (git for windows??) and I think it is conflicting with SourceTree's git. Is that likely? Can I reinstall SourceTree? How do I uninstall SourceTree?
- Updated SourceTree to 3.3.8- Updated Embedded Git- Disabled "Use Git Bash as default terminal" in "Tools->Options->Git"- Starting Terminal now launches command prompt- Restart SourceTree- Enabled "Use Git Bash as default terminal" in "Tools->Options->Git"- Starting Terminal git bash now works
This works for me too.
Thanks Alexander
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.