Hello,I would like to write a bash script to use the Bamboo REST API in order to trigger a plan tests and would like to wait for it to finish and get a result (failed or success).Upon success, I would like to do something in the pipeline.I found the following commands:#This triggers the plan curl -k --user user:password -X POST -d "stage&executeAllStages" https://bamboo.myserver.com/rest/api/latest/queue/XXX-YYYI can parse the result of that command in order to get the build number by:sed 's/.*buildNumber\="\([0-9]*\)".*/\1/'I can use the extracted build number in order to query the result:curl -k --user user:password -X GET https://bamboo.myserver.com/rest/api/latest/result/XXX-YYY/build-numberAnd then i need to parse result and do a busy wait to ask again and parse until there is an answer. I am sure this is bad practice and would like to ask if there is one command (REST API) that do that for me. Just not returning until there is an answer.Many thanks in advanced
Hi @Ilan Hazan
I don't see a better option to get the information you want other than using REST API and asynchronously checking if the build finished.I have a suggestion for small improvements in your approach.
I guess those are pieces of advice can give you.
@Daniel Santos Many thanks
I implemented the algorithm.
I improved the bash's sed regular expression and did a loop with some sleeps between the Bamboo API calls:Bamboo REST API: how to trigger a plan and waiting for a result
That is great @Ilan Hazan, thank you for taking the time to share your solution here =]
The provided link is dead. Can you post it again, please?
@Michael Fellinger https://web.archive.org/web/20220516032354/http://www.rndblog.com/bamboo-rest-api-how-to-trigger-a-plan-and-waiting-for-a-result/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.