Hello,
I'm having problems using external merge tool (TortoiseMerge) with files with spaces in the file names.
If there is a conflict in a file and I choose Resolve Conflicts -> Launch External Merge Tool, the TortoiseMerge opens up but an error message comes up saying it can't find the file.
I have tried different options in Options -> Diff:
- Using system default merge tool
- Selecting TortoiseMerge from the merge tool drop down
- Using custom with TortoiseMerge.exe in the command field and the file names in the arguments field with different quoting options, for example
- -base:$BASE -mine:$LOCAL -theirs:$REMOTE -merged:$MERGED
- -base:\"$BASE\" -mine:\"$LOCAL\" -theirs:\"$REMOTE\" -merged:\"$MERGED\"
- -base:"$BASE" -mine:"$LOCAL" -theirs:"$REMOTE" -merged:"$MERGED"
All have resulted in the same end result: TortoiseMerge can't open the files.
Files without spaces in names open up correctly.
I'm using SourceTree 1.5.2 on Windows 7.
I use TortoiseMerge 1.8.3 as my external merge tool (system default).
Hope someone can help me with this.
Best regards,Teemu