I'm trying to put together a branching and deployment management strategy for managing a large number > 100 small applications that share a similar codebase.
The general situation is that we have a single template application that we customize and deploy for each of our customers. The development workflow is: 1) clone the template as new instance of code, 2) make the changes, 3) deploy instance to a subfolder on a web server.
I'd like to configure a workflow in Bitbucket and Bamboo to streamline our process. An ideal scenario would involve creating a branch (or better yet a fork) in Git, which would then trigger Bamboo to create a build/deploy plan for that particular instance of the template. We can sort of do this out of the box by treating each instance as a branch of the master template, and then creating feature branches off that, but I can't see a way to customize the workflow enough so as to enforce a naming convention when any of those sub-branches is then branched again - for instance for a feature or bug fix.
Any thoughts are appreciated on how to customize this complex workflow.