Hi there,
I am using Trello to manage my team and am finding there are functionality limitations. I am writing to see if there are fixes out there (different account type/Power Ups) that can fix this, but after hours of research I don't think there are. Please help!
I have multiple cards that have multiple initiatives underneath them, so I use the "Checklist" function to record these sub-tasks and their corresponding due dates. However, these sub-tasks are not seen in a list view on the board unless you click within the card itself, and futhermore, I can not assign due dates to these sub-tasks. Because of this, I can not use the automated notifications/features the "Butler" function does because these due dates are part of a check-list and not actually associated with a task in the back-end of the tool. I then have to manually reach out to everyone, which is very time consuming. PLEASE NOTE I understand there are other tools that I can use instead - but I am trying to make Trello work at this time.
After researching online, the only answer I can find is to create cards for each sub-task and then attach these trello cards as attachments to the "Parent" card. This will not work for me - my sub-taks are very granular and the Trello board would instantly be way too messy and hard to follow. UNLESS there was a "level 1" and "level 2" view like Smartsheet has for cards, but Trello doesn't have that to my knowledge.
Is there anything I am missing? Please see the snapshot for an example of how I am using checklists within cards for sub-tasks.
