I'm trying to setup a build that pulls artifacts from several other parent builds and am having some trouble figuring out how to correlate the branch "id" for a specific plan (the integer appended to the plan key) with the branch name. The variable $bamboo.repository.branch.name seems to only contain the branch name from the version control repo.
For example, I have two branches, master and release. master's "id" is 0 and the Plan name looks like MYPLAN0 while release's id is 1 and the plan name looks like MYPLAN1.
Is there a way to easily refer to branches in Bamboo by the version control branch name? Is there some variable that makes it easy to generate a URL to the corresponding branch of another Plan? Dependencies are capable of being linked based on plan name, but I can find no way to actually pull in artifacts.
Ideally, it'd be as simple as MYPLAN/branch/master or MYPLAN/branch/release and then all routes normally following MYPLAN could instead follow the branch name.