How do I stop OpsGenie from popping up a message about granting it the permission to set the volume for alerts when DND is active. If you click settings, then it takes you to a screen where you can't do anything.
This is on a Pixel 3a, Android 9 with work profile enabled.
There is this discussion: https://community.opsgenie.com/t/android-9-work-profile-and-opsgenie-in-dnd-mode/1029 which shows that I am not unique.
Thanks.
Hi @wxcamera - I'm wondering if this issue is occurring only for Pixel phones. I set up a work profile and have updated to version 9(Samsung S8), but I did not run into this issue. Just to be thorough, could you possibly disable your work profile to see if this gives the same result?
If I use opsgenie from my personal profile, then I get sent to the "Do Not Disturb access" page which does list OpsGenie, and I can then enable it.
Now, when I start the OpsGenie in my work profile, it starts and doesn't ask me about setting the Do Not Disturb access. It would appear that this might be an Android bug as I would have thought that the work-profile opsgenie should only have access to the work profile do-not-disturb.
However, when I create a test notification (after uninstalling the personal profile opsgenie) and I have do-not-disturb enabled, the work-profile opsgenie does not succeed in disabling the do-not-disturb, so I didn't get notified.
I'm running build PQ3B. 190605.006
@Philip Gladstone Could you check if this is occurring with your other applications? Also, downloading the Opsgenie app with your work profile or your personal profile could make the difference with the DND settings. Would you know which profile was used to download the app?
I don't recall which profile I initially download the opsgenie app -- I suspect it was my personal profile. I then downloaded it for my work profile and uninstalled the personal profile version.
I don't know how to get to the do-bot-disturb settings for work profile -- but I don't have many work apps, but I can try doing some tests with slack.
This is not limited to the Pixel phones or OpsGenie (per documentation of other apps). Similar on 7.1.2 Sony Z5c.
The following quotation from the linked issue (which appears to be broken now) represents my experience as well:
I can’t seem to get through the Sounds/DND settings in my setup. In the OpsGenie “Sounds” menu, when I toggle the “always play opsgenie notification sounds at maximum…”, there’s a popup permission request to “Please grant OpsGenie permission to modify your Do Not Disturb settings”. When I do that, I’m taken to the “Do Not Disturb access” Android menu, where other Google services appear but not OpsGenie. I don’t see a way to get OpsGenie onto the DND access list.
This issue prevents me from receiving opsgenie notifications even though I have the "Interrupts Priority only". I was unable to find the "Do not disturb access" screen in settings to bring up outside of the app. It appears to be only available by the "settings" link in the "permissions request" modal.
The application shows it as a possible permission, but there appears to be no way to grant it.
This appears to be an issue for other similar applications (from VictorOps instructions):
NOTE: If VictorOps does not appear in the list above, make sure that VictorOps was installed through phone’s main, top level account from Google Play (as opposed to a secondary or tertiary personal/work/enterprise account). If it the app has not been installed through the main account, VictorOps will not appear as an option.
@Mark Campbell-Vincentthis is a work profile install
Thanks @Adam Chasen for that post! I had the same issue under Android 11 and fixed this issue by installing OpsGenie in the main (non work profile) account, per the VictorOps note above.
@Huy is there anything on the roadmap to allow OpsGenie DND override when it's installed in a Work Profile (Samsung Android 11) since I would rather keep my personal and work accounts strictly divided
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.