how can I use the sourcetree embedded git client from the terminal with ssh authentication? I'm able to clone a repo via the gui (via putty setup), but an equivalent git clone command via the terminal fails
Kindly provide more details on the problem. Somehelpful specifics would be the "equivalent git clone command" that is failing, as well as any error messages that are notifying you of the failure.
hi, I can do a "git clone" via the gui using putty in the background, but when I start a terminal, and use the git embedded client (1.8.3) to do a "git clone", then I get ssh authentication failures. This works via the gui without issues (sourcetree 1.4.0.0)
git clone ssh://stash.company.com/cad/gitbm.git Cloning into 'repo'... ssh_control_listener_bind(): No such file or directory fatal: Could not read from remote repository
Can you SSH into the stash server from the git embedded client? If not, see if this is relevant: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/msysgit/Xf1Af3vrHX8
I can login via sourcetree gui, and putty, but not via the embedded git command via the terminal. "$GIT_SSH" reports "plink: Release 0.63". I can do "$GIT_SSH" stash.server.com, but I cannot do "git ls-remote" from the command line. It's like the embedded git version refuses to read $GIT_SSH
Sounds odd, I'm at a loss. Let's hope one of the Atlassian guys jumps in here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.