Hello,
I'm trying to achieve a git checkout of a specific tag/commit controlled by the execution of the build process.
In the plan configuration, I defined the repository to use a variable as a branch

For it to work a default value must be assigned as a Plan variable, here using master
Then in the build execution this variable value is overridden with a specific commit hash.
My issue is that when the corresponding Source code checkout task is executed, it is first checking out the repository before substituting the variable.
simple 06-Jun-2019 14:41:24 Starting task 'Checkout' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout'
simple 06-Jun-2019 14:41:24 Checking out into /ec/local/citnet/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/DISSCHAIN-DISSCHAINSOA25-REE/disschain-impl/extraction
simple 06-Jun-2019 14:41:24 Updating source code to revision: 94b8954182c9d96cb7f511b0a62caf226eb76b7a
command 06-Jun-2019 14:41:24 Substituting variable: ${bamboo.sources.release.tag} with 99b82efeed26c459d79d29cfd7d38226b88c55e8
So I end up with the wrong content.
I suppose the issue is because the repository is pooled for Change Detection by the Bamboo build upfront, but that is not what I need. In my case this is a copy of the main repository
I hope there is another configuration to achieve such dynamic checkout, but I need help finding it please...