Dear Bamboo experts,
I have a Bamboo build plan that uses git submodules . The build is failing with a message as follows . The problem seems to be that bamboo agent is trying to clone submodules from local cache and clone is failing because that operation needs a password . See log below
Already on 'dev/mainrepo'
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:10 /usr/bin/git remote set-url origin ssh://d5fcbb24-a632-4e2e-948f-489ca955c411@127.0.0.2:41106/project/mainrepo.git
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:10 /usr/bin/git submodule update --init --recursive
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:11 Cloning into 'submodule1'...
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:11 Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.2]:41106' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:11 Permission denied (password).
simple 27-May-2019 12:32:11 fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
If I try to do the same operation from agent command line I see following message which tells me that the passwordless auth is NOT set-up for my local cache.
git submodule update --init --recursive
Cloning into '/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/BUILDNAME/submodule1'...
12ff7ca1-452e-4836-920e-8d44bc@127.0.0.1's password:
Please note that my bamboo agent account ssh key is already uploaded to bitbucket and if I try to checkout and do submodule update from the git repository on bitbucket everything works fine ( without prompting me for password). It asks me for password though when I run the build from bamboo because then it tries to clone from local cache on agent
Does someone know the way I can set-up passwordless auth for bamboo local cache.
Alternatively I am okay to turn off the caching.
I tried to turn off caching from Bamboo gui by un-checking the checkbox for caching repositories. However Bamboo seems to cache regardless of the checkbox if submodules are involved
I read https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18265 -- still trying to figure what I could do though