I have added AWS credentials in Bamboo for code deployment. This credentials is shared to all other deployment projects.But, I want restrict only for certain deployment projects. How could I do that?I checked this link, https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/shared-credentials-424313357.html#Sharedcredentials-edit_shared_credentialsIt says I could edit, add or delete the credentials. I want to make it available for only certain projects.
I'm afraid Bamboo shared credentials do not support such granular scopes at this point - please watch and vote for the following issues to in increase Atlassian's priority for these improvements:
Potential workaround
Depending on your specific requirements, you may be able to work around the problem via user groups and a third-party app as follows:
Thanks @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ I did vote for that JIRA ticket. Meanwhile I saw a plugin from Utoolity to inject temporary AWS credentials.Will it help for code deployment?
Hi @Purushothaman_Anbazhagan
I've updated my answer with a potential workaround based on our Identity Federation for AWS (Bamboo) app, which you can also 'just' use standalone to manage and use AWS credentials - conceptually it is a 'shared' app though and bundled for free with our other AWS integrations (works automatically), like the one you linked:
Depending on your scenario, Tasks for AWS (Bamboo) should indeed be able to help with code deployments, insofar its main feature set allows to provision and operate Amazon Web Services resources from Bamboo build and deployment projects. You can always try it for free and see whether it matches your requirements.
Cheers,Steffen
Thanks @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ Let me check this out!Cheers,Purushothaman
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.