By default, when I create a new branch, it gets plan keys as MAINKEY0, MAINKEY1, MAINKEY2, etc.
Is there a way to customize this so I can have more meaningful names, e.g. MAINKEY_FEATURE1, MAINKEY_FEATURE2?
Hi @cirosantilli
Bamboo doesn't provide a way to customize this. I believe it would require dramatic changes in the way we reference plans/branches internally on DB.
The best I can provide to you is a query where you can get a clue of what you build on that plan branch. I say a clue because the real source branch is saved on a more complex structure on DB to allow plan branches to diverge from the main configured source repository.
This is the query that may help you:
SELECT title, description, full_keyFROM buildWHERE build_type='CHAIN_BRANCH'
I hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply Daniel. I'll continue copy pasting branch IDs on the browser address bar for now I guess
I don't know what exactly is the navigation issue you are trying to mitigate, but if it is moving between branch results, could the branch dropdown beside the plan name help?
We use the branch IDs in filenames to store test results in unique places with bamboo_ variables. If you look at the filesystem, you don't immediately know what the directories are for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.