I am using Source Tree on Snow Leopard and my collaborator is using TortoiseHg on a Windows machine. They sent me a patch file they created. When I try to apply the patch through Source Tree I get the following error:
patch -f -p0 --input=/Users/bobsmith/Examples/Test.repos/2.patch
can't find file to patch at input line 11
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|# HG changeset patch
|# User Bob Dobbsr <bob.dobbss@generic.com>
|# Date 1323115006 18000
|# Node ID 542abe6c0a14a38eb7da674768d7eba26de52f58
|# Parent 9a0d93cd89a62635aa5272a917910529b3d30b64
|Made two changes and added a conclusion section.
|
|diff -r 9a0d93cd89a6 -r 542abe6c0a14 Example.tex
|--- a/Example.texFri Dec 02 12:12:43 2011 +1000
|+++ b/Example.texMon Dec 05 14:56:46 2011 -0500
--------------------------
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
Completed with errors, see above
I previously ran the patch file through dos2unix to see if that helps.
I can get the file to work with the CLI command:
patch Example.tex 2patch.diff
Any ideas on why the GUI version through Source Tree isn't working?