in some files in my project, white spaces are added everywhere in the diff preview.
I suspect it breaks my commits.
Someone has a clue on how to fix it?
Hello! This is probably due to a text-encoding error (note the small 'CR' characters -- those are depreciated mac OS classic line-endings).
Could you check the file encoding and line-ending settings used for those files?
Additionally, if you run `git diff FILE_NAME` in the terminal does the result also look like that for the file?
The bad files encoding was UCS-2 LE BOM in contrast to all other files encoding which is UTF-8 BOM.
changing the encoding didn't help.
when I run "git diff FILE_NAME" after changing the file encoding I see a lot of gibberish letters in red (basicaly the entire file) and afterwards the entire file, now readable, in green letters.
eventually, the solution was to change the encoding of the files to utf-8.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.