I had a version 2.x installation of SourceTree on Windows 10 that kept telling me I was already up to date so I decided to manually update by downloading the installer from the website.
I am struggling to get the install complete because the login won't finish and because of this I appear to be completely locked out of SourceTree until this is resolved. I wish I'd not bothered to update now. Anyway I need to get out of this vicious circle so any help will be greatly appreciated.
I've selected to Login to Bitbucket during the install process and entered my credentials which have been accepted, I am using Chrome as that's my default browser. I get to the page which says....
Confirm access to your account
Sourcetree for Windows is requesting access to the following:
...and when I hit the Grant Access button it just takes me to an error:
This site can’t provide a secure connection
localhost sent an invalid response.
and I'm stuck. I don't appear to be able to back out of this and just launch the application, only the installer, which requires me to register, but the registration process won't complete so I'm stuck unable to use SourceTree because the login process fails and it won't let me side-step it to get back to doing some productive work.
I searched the community for other installer problems and they all appear to be IE related and latest information suggests that the latest installers no longer rely on IE and this annoying login process should work on any browser.
Help! I just want to get back to using the application and don't understand why this login nonsense has been allowed to break installations.