I am testing SourceTree, but when I click on Commit to commit a text file, nothing happens. Can you explain what is the cause of this issue please?
Hi @pierreborg,
I'm not quite clear on what you mean by "click on Commit".
- Are you clicking the Commit toolbar item, or the Commit button in the File Status view?
- Is the file marked as changed?
- Does committing the text file via CLI work and this is specific to ST?
Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this ASAP.
Brian GanningerPrincipal Developer, Sourcetree
Also I had this problem, and we were not the only one, several communities discussed this behavior.My colleague found a funny work around. It works on Windows 7 using two screens:Drag your SourceTree window upwards or away from the 1st screen towards the 2nd screen. This way, the commit button is out of the right-bottom area of your screen.
In my opinion a Windows related issue. For example, at this moment, also my scrollbars in IntelliJ aren't accessible in this area of the screen.
Superb, worked for me. By decreasing the screen size, Commit button is actually enabled and worked as usual
Great. Decreasing the screen size works for me also. I can commit now.Thanks.
2024 and this actually worked lmao.
i unchecked "Set global author details for Git and Mercurial" and reduced the window size and it went through xd
thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.