I am trying to setup a VisualStudio task to compile our source code, which is a mix between C++ and Fortran code. We are able to compile our code on the command line by executing:
C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 Common7 IDE devenv.com Solution.sln Build Release|Win32
When I try calling a VisualStudio task with the following settings:
Solution: Solution.sln
Options: '/Build Release|Win32'
Platform: x86
Environment Variables: <list of="" required="" env="" variables="">
I get the following:
Beginning to execute external process for build 'SADM - Branch 5.2.0 - Win32 Build'
... running command line:
E: bamboo-home DotNetSupport devenvrunner.bat
E: bamboo-home xml-data build-dir SDM-BR520-JOB1
C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 x86
Solution.sln
/Build Release|Win32
... in: E: bamboo-home xml-data build-dir SDM-BR520-JOB1
... using extra environment variables:
MAS3P=E: mas3p
FLEXNET_BASE=E: 520_branch sadm-utilities-x64 flexnet-publisher-11.9.1
MATLAB_VERSION_32=C: Program Files (x86) MATLAB R2010a
16-Oct-2012 16:29:16 'Win32' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
16-Oct-2012 16:29:16 operable program or batch file.
The problem is devenvrunner.bat is interpreting the |Win32 as a pipe command to the Win32 program, which fails.
I would rather being able to call devenv.com directly, instead of using devenvrunner.bat. I thought I could achieve this by adding a new executable to the Visual Studio task, so I created one called Devenv with value C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 Common7 IDE devenv.com
However, when the task has this executable selected (Task Executable says: Devenv instead of Visual Studio 2008) Bamboo still calls the devenvrunner.bat. I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour. Otherwise what is the difference in setting the Executable to use?
I hope I have provided enough information so that you can help me.