Is there a way to set the default branch in Bamboo that is NOT "master". I want to set it to the default feature branch that we're working on. We encounter issues when building sometimes building Master by accident instead of the expected feature branch. How do we change the default branch?
Hi Adam,
You can change this on the Linked Repository if you want the default to always be the feature branch, we actually don't release from master so I rarely have that set in the linked repo:
If you want this to be more of a temporary thing while you are working on the feature branch you may want to consider using Plan Branches, which will create a "copy" of the main build plan that is linked to it but it only builds a given feature branch. You can find out more information about those here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html
I hope that helps!
-James
Hi James - I actually want a bit of both.
I read through the docs you provided on your second answer and it did not assist me in what I require.
When I changed the "default branch" in BitBucket it did not reflect in "Bamboo". So when I click on the app the default branch that appeared on the page was still "Master". Whilst it did work on BitBucket - I want it to actually work in Bamboo
I want to continuously change the default branch so that everytime I go to build the branch that appears on this section here is ALWAYS the current feature branch we are working on.
I should have clarified, the first screenshot I provided is actually from within Bamboo. If you go to the Administration cog and select "Linked Repositories". This will bring you to a listing of all BitBucket repositories you have linked in Bamboo. Then select the repository that you which to change the default branch for and my screenshot should make sense from there.
If you change the branch from within Bamboo, that should change the main branch that the build plan is built with,
Hi James - thanks for the clarification and the follow up much appreciated!!
Unfortunately we're working with many applications so I'm worried this would interfere with other plans. As the "Linked Repositories" state:
"Repositories defined here are available to every plan. You can select these repositories in plans configuration. Changes to them will be applied to every plan that uses them."
The section I've highlighted worries me as I'm not aware of whether or not this will interfere with other projects using the same Bamboo.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.