I use SourceTree both on a laptop and on a Windows VM, and I have colleagues with a similar setup. I'm using version 3.1.3. Recently, and across multiple versions of SourceTree, the performance on my Windows VM has degraded by a huge amount...operations taking minutes instead of seconds. This is not a networking issue; the VM has a faster networking connection to the GIT repository than the laptop, so if anything, it should be faster.
GIT is functionally normally on the command-line. Commands execute quickly and with the response I would expect.
I used procmon to see what SourceTree is doing, and to my eye, it seems to be rapidly and constantly re-reading files and checking directories for files, including at least one folder where access is denied to my user account. I suspect some kind of path issue; I've tried cleaning up my path and rearranging, but so far, none of that has had an effect.
I've reinstalled SourceTree, including going back to a 3.0.xxx version. None of that has had any effect.
The only thing that has helped some is clearing out bookmarks and old repository references that no longer exist (using the + tab and cleaning up those entries). I have only three repositories locally.
I've also toggled between embedded and system GIT. That doesn't seem to help.
Another symptom is that just trying to change the SourceTree options is slow. When I click on the OK button for the Options dialog, it locks up a couple of minutes.
This is completely unworkable right now, so any help is appreciated.