So, I have a server install of Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence and Crowd.
All of these apps use external directories for user management with my crowd install. Now, a few days ago I had the primary domain expire and somebody snatched it up. Boooo but so I thought I would just update all the base url's and crowd url's and I will be up an running...
Well, Jira is the only application I cannot password authenticate with. I know it can talk to Crowd because I bumped the logs up and can see the external sync. I have also created new users in crowd with jira privileges and have seen them sync but password authentication still fails.
I know it fails because I also bumped the logs for security and with every user I try to login with I see the following.
2019-04-27 23:08:02,463 http-nio-8090-exec-1 anonymous 1388x62x1 1tsobb3 192.168.1.254,192.168.1.121 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : 'salty-dev' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
2019-04-27 23:08:02,468 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,468 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,474 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,474 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,480 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,480 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 anonymous Setting JIRA Auth Context to be 'anonymous'
2019-04-27 23:08:02,481 http-nio-8090-exec-1 anonymous 1388x62x1 1tsobb3 192.168.1.254,192.168.1.121 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'salty-dev' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 3
2019-04-27 23:08:02,536 http-nio-8090-exec-1 anonymous 1388x62x1 1tsobb3 192.168.1.254,192.168.1.121 /rest/gadget/1.0/login Gadget login called with lastLoginResult : com.atlassian.jira.bc.security.login.LoginResultImpl@6eb249b7[reason=AUTHENTICATED_FAILED,loginInfo=com.atlassian.jira.bc.security.login.LoginInfoImpl@7ee175a[lastLoginTime=<null>,previousLoginTime=<null>,loginCount=<null>,currentFailedLoginCount=3,totalFailedLoginCount=3,lastFailedLoginTime=1556406482463,elevatedSecurityCheckRequired=false,maxAuthenticationAttemptsAllowed=9223372036854775807],userName=salty-dev,deniedReasons=[]].
Does anybody have any ideas? I have tried so many things now but cannot figure this one out.