Hello,
I have a bit of a complex question and was curious if anyone here might have some better insight on how to achieve this:
My goal is that if am alert comes in at night, a user should not receive a notification until the next morning, unless an alert with that same alias comes in multiple times. At that point, I'd like to push the notification through or increase its priority to trigger a different notification flow. However, from what I can see in the documentation only one notification policy will be applied so I can either suppress the notification until a specific time or until a deduplication count but not both.
I'm open to other methods of solving this problem, which basically boils down to: if one server in a group triggers an alert, it's not necessarily critical, but if multiple servers are all having the same problem, I'd like to aggregate those alerts into a higher priority one. In this example, all of the alerts are triggered individually (from Kapacitor) so they don't know about each other. Is there a way I could manage this other than trying to rely on notification policies? Should I just trigger an auto-restart with a long enough time delay to fire the alert again and hope the time-based notification policy no longer applies?
Any help here would be appreciated!