I checked bamboo 6.8.1 and 6.9.0; neither have any of the shell scripts necessary to start the server. What is going on?
The documentation says they should be there https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/installing-bamboo-on-linux-289276792.html refers to start-bamboo.sh
Hello @Jonathan Valliere welcome to the Atlassian Community
What directory did you searched for `start-bamboo.sh`? I have downloaded the `atlassian-bamboo-6.8.1.tar.gz` from https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/download and after extracting the package, I could find the `start-bamboo.sh` inside the extracted package `bin` folder.
Victor
I actually ended up grabbing the OSX build which had the shell scripts. As I said the ZIP file does not contain the shell scripts; you are correct that the tar.gz file does. https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/downloads/atlassian-bamboo-6.8.1.zip
Ok! Now I understand your point.
I will raise an issue to improve the naming of this files as depending on the file ending for OS separation is indeed confusing.
Thanks for bringing this up
All the other Atlassian products I use seem to have identical ZIP and TAR.GZ archives. I was expecting the ZIP to contain the shell scripts. Its pure laziness on my part because typing "unzip" is faster than the "tar -zxvf".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.