Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I want to use Source tree as my git clients. I installed git server on a virtual linux debian server. It seems to be running except i cant seem to get the ssh keys to work.
here is some of my setup. I'm not sure what other information might be needed to help with my question but ill provide anything needed if you let me know
on linux i created a user called orbusgit. The server is on our internal network at 192.168.254.54. The git repository is at /home/orbusgit/repository/inhouseasp/live.git
Here is what i am trying to use in source tree
2016-03-25_8-06-50.jpg
I used puttygen to generate a private key and i put that file in my documents folder. In source tree > tools > options> General > SSH Client Configuration > SSH Key is pointing to this file.
SSH Client Putty/Plink
2016-03-25_8-27-44.jpg
The linux server side is the part i'm not sure i'm doing right.
On the putty Gen i clicked the save public key and i ftp'ed this file to the linux git server.
I then put the contents of the public key file into /home/orbusgit/.ssh/authorized_keys
cat /tmp/publickey.pub >> /home/orbusgit/.ssh/authorized_keys
This is the part i probably got wrong but i am not sure how to do it correctly.
When i try to connect with Atlassian it looks like this.
2016-03-25_9-37-39.jpg
any help would be appreciated
Paul