Hello,
I'm trying to connect Okta to a self-managed Confluence server via SAML.
I've followed the Okta Guide "How to Configure Confluence On-Premise SAML Application", and when I try to log in to Confluence I am re-directed to Okta SSO, but just-in-time user provisioning isn't working (i.e. it doesn't create the user) and I'm then directed back to the Confluence login screen. I've followed references from Enable user auto-provisioning and sync when SAML enabled e.g. the restricted domains function to no avail.
If I create a user with the same details, Confluence still won't work with Okta to sign that user in.
Does anyone have any ideas / documentation they can point me in the direction of? I've found lots but mostly for Atlassian Cloud which isn't very helpful in my situation. Another problematic piece of this is this site isn't and can't be public facing, so the Okta API which calls the Confluence server for user provisioning won't work here.
GitLab works great with JIT Provisioning and SAML! I'm sure Confluence must do.
Thanks in advance.