Hey all!
So for those at Summit 2019, we've just watched ShipIt 2019 (and the Crowd team won - congrats all!!) and shortly, Bash! will begin. This was my 7th Summit I've been fortunate enough to come to, and each time, music is a big part of the even - be it Mike and Scott dressed up as Daft Punk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-PU7QFEjUk), the 4 x Elvii of today's keynote or the infamous DJ Kanban (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNTmoWtgG0)
For me personally, music has been a big part of my life (not me creating it - just as a consumer) and I feel that for those that share a love of music, there's a lot to learn about others via their music, and it can help form strong bonds and a sense of community.
So for today's Friday Fun - share with the community something about yourself a bit more indirectly, via music.
The original thought behind this post a few weeks ago was going to simply be:
What songs when you hear them remind you of your time in high school. For me - there's a handful:
But then after thinking it through, I just had to also include:
Favorite song:
My at work focus track (especially when I need to punch out some code)
Guilty (not really) pleasure:
Most amazing live show (recording) I've ever seen:
Song most likely to make you emotional (living half way around the world from where I grew up this one hits home):
Song that reminds you of a specific place (being Iceland):
That song you can't stop yourself from air-drumming to:
The above are just the ones that came to mind for me - so whatever the reason/category/song - let's get to know each other a little bit better.
And now, on to Bash! where the B52's are playing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs - time to party!
CCM