I've gone through a name change for my products, and I don't want to have to go through and replace every single occurrence of the old name.
Is there a way that I can change every occurrence of the word at once?
Thank you.
@Christopher StaffordThere is no direct way to do this, except if you can program and use the Trello API. And even that would be quite an undertaking.
Unfortunately here is where Trello falls short of being a robust project management system or business database. There's no way to bulk update, or update via workflow any of your cards, lists, or boards.
You're stuck doing it manually.
@[deleted]You can automate it with the API. Trello's API is incredibly powerful which makes it, in my opinion, the best choice of project management system because it's so flexible.
@Christopher Stafford Where does the name occur? You can do a bulk update using the API. For example, this Trellinator script will find any occurrence of the word "ohai" and replace it with "there" in any card title on all boards where Trellinator is a member:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/12d7d3a145ad08400135da85ea002c93
You can see how to set up Trellinator here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
That's a solid suggestion, Iain, except for users who do not have the time, money, or experience to write some API code it's unrealistic. If you're comfortable with writing code and implementing custom API, then I can see how Trello would be "the best choice of project management".
@[deleted]well, along with Butler now being integrated into Trello, I've created an integration called Trellinator that provides a "butler-like" code framework for automating Trello with Google Apps Script. I posted a solution for @Christopher Stafford using this here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Bulk-Occurence-editor/qaq-p/1042759#M13191
My suggestion for anyone wanting to get Trello automated who isn't a coder would be to get familiar with Butler and, if they run into limitations go on Upwork and hire someone to write the code for them and install it using Trellinator! It's incredibly cost effective, cheaper in fact than using automation tools like Zapier. It's also faster and more robust.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.