Hi there,Does anyone know if it's possible to only show a butler button in some lists on a board? Based on which list a card is located different buttons are relevant for us. Without this feature, we'll get way too many irrelevant buttons.
@Brian Petersen
Hi Brian,
Butler only offers buttons for cards or for boards, no lists.
As a workaround, you could set up board buttons that apply only to these lists and run actions on these lists, like "IN PROGRESS"-button, "DONE"-button, etc. - Could this be an option?
You can also contact me to discuss your workflow. I am certain I could give you some hints how to make things work for you.
@Katrin Anger Thanks for getting back to me. We are going to create a lot of different buttons, so I don't think your work around would be an option.Do you know if the feature is in the pipeline? I can't be the only one who finds this very useful.
I never heard anyone requesting list buttons before, so I can't really say this.
You can certainly set up a feature request for a list button with Butler and let them know why you need it this way and why no workaround applies to how you work.
@Brian Petersen If I had this problem I would do the following:
1) use other rules as triggers. For example you might be able to trigger on card move to cover some of the functionality or use due dates
2) use labels instead of buttons. Labels don't show up all the time and you can filter them so choosing what label to add in order to trigger an action might be a friendlier interface. You could use labels to trigger some actions and buttons for others
3) combining those 2 ideas you might find that you can obviate the need for some buttons by taking different actions when a card is moved or due based on what labels are present on the card
@Katrin Anger Sorry about reviving a dead post but my team would also find this function extremely useful! We have some team members on the board that aren't super tech-savvy so only having the buttons that are relevant to the list they are on would be great at giving less clutter and less things to think about. The workarounds do technically work but it is not as agile as it could be. For example, cards in "TO DO" should only have the button "IN PROGRESS" to move it. "IN PROGRESS" should only have the button "READY FOR PROOF" or "PRE-PROOF". It should not have the buttons for "APPROVED" and "DONE" as no one has checked it yet. "READY FOR PROOF" cards should only have "ALTERATIONS REQUIRED" or "APPROVED" not "DONE" which for us is an extra step. Each one of our buttons sends automatic emails and assigns certain people to them. When they are clicked by mistake it creates a lot of incorrect backlog and communication issues. By removing the human error likeliness it would help dramatically. We have created our own PDF flowcharts to try and counteract things being put in incorrect places but I believe having buttons assigned to certain lists would really help.
Hi dear support team, I support this request for change as well.I see ticketing workflows as finite state automata. The combination of list+label would be states, and the possible movements between lists and the changes in labeling are the transitions.There are initial states (eg open/to do/ backlog) and final states (eg fix deployed in production). If it makes sense to have some universal transitions, for example some "Pause" or "Need for Clarification" buttons. having all transitions available at every step is allowing too many unacceptable possible paths for a card.When only a few possible transitions are allowed, it is the opposite of error proof to display 30 irrelevant buttons .
+1 for this feature. Would love to have this exact feature. Or at least some way to check the state of the card the button is on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.