I have been playing with the new Butler power up and immediately see a number of ways it will be very useful for my team.
Here's one I am stuck on trying to build, and would appreciate any help.
I have one weekly planner board where cards move across lists, ending in Done.
I have several other boards where the lists represent different clients. On these boards, cards don't move to other lists over time, they just move downward as new cards are added at the top, and color labels are used to indicate where they are in the "to do"-"doing"-"done" process.
Naturally, cards need to get copied from these client tracking boards often to my weekly planner, and that is what I want to automate. I have create a card button that will copy a given card to the Inbox list on my weekly planner board. The challenge is that these cards don't contain the name of the client, since they stay in the list with that client's name. I can't guess - I have over 30 clients, many getting similar task cards.
I need a way to add the {listname} before the {cardname} on the new copy of the card that is created on my weekly planner board by the card button I have made? I have not been able to figure out how to do this. It looks like the {listname} tag can only be used in an action that is triggered, rather than in a button? Maybe there's an alternate way to accomplish what I want with a trigger, but that's not clear to me. Not every card in the client lists is a to do, many are more record-keeping, and don't need to be copied to the weekly planner.