What I want to achieve is tracking to which environment a jira issue is deployed.
This works fine when I always deploy from the same branch in Git, but is not working when I deploy starting from a branch.
Let me explain with an example:
- I create a task, I work on it and I commit.
- Bamboo build automatically and deploys automatically, and that build, which contains a commit linked to the task, shows it contains the task.
- If I "promote" the same build also to test, then that release on TEST will show all the new jira tasks since the last time something was deployed on TEST.
- Now I want to deploy to Staging. And for this I create a release branch, and I deploy to staging. Being this the first deploy coming from this branch, it doesn't show any task as included in the release. While it should.
Is this a bug of the Jira-Bamboo plugin? A misconfiguration of the plugin? or a missing feature?
Thx
Simone