Hi, this is Minku.
I have downloaded P4Merge and SourceTree 3.0.17.2659 on my 64-bit Windows 10 laptop.
The W looking thing is a WON currency. It is shown like this because I'm using a Korean-based laptop.
https://superuser.com/questions/787664/why-are-backslashes-displayed-as-%E2%82%A9-korean-won-sign-w-strikethrough-in-not
However, after I click the "external diff", nothing happened.
How can I launch P4Merge and compare files?
-Thanks for the help, MInku
Hello! Could you post a part of your ".git" config file for me? You can find it under "C:\Users\USERNAME_HERE\.git"
Please post the part under "[difftool "sourcetree"]"
Thanks!
HiIt is possible this is a bug, we have a fixed some in this area in the upcoming 3.1, but can you check the contents of your git config, it should look likedifftool.sourcetree.cmd='C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE"mergetool.sourcetree.cmd='C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' "$BASE" "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" "$MERGED"mergetool.sourcetree.trustexitcode=trueAlso in the Tools/Options/Diff tab I would expect to see the path to the P4 .exe
Hi, Mike.
[difftool "sourcetree"]cmd = 'C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"[mergetool "sourcetree"]cmd = 'C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' \"$BASE\" \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" \"$MERGED\"trustExitCode = true
When I opened it, it was shown like the above picture.
But still, P4Merge doesn't show up when I choose "External Diff".
Hi, Michael. I'm using P4Merge and SourceTree 3.0.17.2659 on my 64-bit Windows 10 laptop.
Mine is configured as
I wish to get your help.
That looks correct.Is there anything in the Event Viewer or %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/Sourcetree.log indicating an error?Also if you try installing an alternative like kdiff3 and configuring that does it start working?
Hi, Michael
"Also if you try installing an alternative like kdiff3 and configuring that does it start working?"
I installed the KDiff3 64-bit. This works when I press Ctrl+D.
Here's what I found. My Scenario:
Set the Diff tool to KDiff3. Then execute Ctrl+D and we will see it is working.
The KDiff3 really pops up fast that it didn't took a second. I'm testing this with a laptop that has i3 processor and SSD, BTW.
Now go back to settings and choose P4Merge.
Surprisingly, compared to the case when I choose KDiff3, if I choose P4Merge, it shows a blank on the Diff Command. Anyways, I pressed Okay.
NOW, when I press Ctrl+D, P4Merge pops up.
But it took like 3.5 seconds and I noticed the green progress bar. This bar doesn't always appear after pressing Ctrl+D.
So I thought everything was solved. However, after I turn off SourceTree and run it again, P4Merge doesn't show up when I press Ctrl+D.
In contrast, when I have a merge conflict, P4Merge does pop up when I try to solve the conflict with the external diff tool.
Can you guys try this as well and see if this is re-generatable on your side?
-Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.