On a checklist item, how do I add line breaks. I'm not very conversant, but did google markdown and tried adding / and also tried adding 2 spaces, which seemed to be the suggestions I saw. Neither worked, so would appreciate guidance. Thanks.
@Barbara Decker there's no newlines in checklist items.
Why did you want them there? There might be another way to achieve your goal.
I have a checklist item and it consists of thoughts best broken into paragraphs - but it is one checklist item. Or I have a checklist item and am making a list of options for how I might do it - and those options should be one per row. Thanks for your help.
@Barbara Decker in that case what I'd recommend is creating cards for each thing on the checklist, and copying/pasting a link to that card into the checklist item. I use this pattern a lot!
Thanks a bunch. I'll give that a try. Much appreciate your response!
I played around with the Markup and get a workaround for our Jira Instance
Editor view
[ ] Test List - <br> + Test 1 <br>+ Test 2 <br>>>+ Test 3 <br>+ Test 4 <br>
will be shown like this
Test List -+ Test 1+ Test 2[Your description expand text]+ Test 3+ Test 4
The list markup in combination with the <br> seems to be solution, for what ever reasonWhy the first list markup is shown in the line above, i don't know :-(
List markups that seems to work so far + - *
That works for me in Jira!
Thank you so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.