I have a select field whose values I need in the Java file, so how can i pass the current selected value from velocity to java file
Hello,
If your velocity is not for validators, conditions, webworks and so on, then you would need to execute a rest call to pass parameters from a velocity template.
My Template File looks like:-
<select id="parent" name="parent_version"><option selected="selected" value="CONF">Confluence</option><option value="JIRA">JIRA</option><option value="JAG">JIRA Agile</option><option value="CAP">JIRA Capture</option><option value="AUI">AUI</option></select>
My java file looks Like:-
class Outer extends JiraContextProvider{
class Inner extends JiraWebActionSupport {
public String doExecute(){}
}}
So I have to make a rest call from the velocity to the doExecute method ?
Could you please help me with any sample code so that i can have a crystal clear understanding how the communication will work ?
@Alexey Matveev I have made the post call from the velocity passing the data within it, but I am not clear how are we going to catch and use it in the inner class method.
Could you please help with the same?
Ashish
If you want to pass calue from velocity to webwork action class you need to do the below
1. In the velocity have the html element name eg : <select name= myParameterName >
(This is just a psuedo code)
2. In your java class declare a private variable
Private String myParameterName;
As you must have observed the name is same in velocity file and java file.
3. Now create getter and setter methods in your java class
String getMyParameterName(){
Return myParameterName;
}
Void setMyParameterName(String myParameterName){
myParameterName=myParameterName;
Now when on submit from velocity when you call this action the parameters are available using getMyParameterName()
This is feature of webwork. Similarly multiple parameters can be accessed in the action class.
Hope this helps
The submit action url redirects me to different page which says dead page how can I have the action url set to stay on the same page
The submit action url as set above redirects me to a different page which appears to be dead. How can I stay on the same page and perform the action without being redirected @Mizan .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.