Hi Jens,
I am not on the Trello team and am by no means a Trello expert, but I'm not aware of any way to add a due date when creating a card from an email.
You *can* add labels by using # in the subject line.
See here for more details: https://help.trello.com/article/809-creating-cards-by-email
I hope that helps!
@Jens W. I created a pretty sophisticated date parsing function recently in Trellinator. Here's a spreadsheet that shows you all the various formats you could use:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_pusQv5aHBt7C3ZdhoWTdQP4_zNLabAzYiljGPwuhrQ/edit#gid=0
Here's a video showing what happens when the cards are created -- you can create them via email or any other way:
https://www.useloom.com/share/2fb40d3e278643edbeaf7b2c323bdf5a
If there's no date string in the card title, it will be left alone. So using this you could send an email to a board with the subject line:
Make sourdough next Monday at 9am
And the card title will be set to "Make sourdough" and the due date will be set to the following Monday at 9am (in your timezone).
You can see how to install Trellinator here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
EDIT: and here is the code that makes this run:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/81d6004b4bd174bfd6fa11e9a460be14
@Jens W. sorry see my edit above, I omitted the code that makes this run that you would need to install:
Thanks for the help, I will check the solutions.
I also want the ability to specify due dates for cards when creating them via an email.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.