Basic Parameters
- Main problem: After install, intermittent communication with Bamboo web GUI over default port 8085 from a remote client.
- Current blocking problem: Bamboo/logs is empty, preventing proper diagnosis and solution.
- Bamboo 1.6
- Windows 10 Enterprise, 64bit (both server and testing client)
- User (me): Distant past life experience with Linux configuration, rendered somewhat irrelevant by working with Windows (relative novice at file system and network configuration on windows platforms). First time experience trying to set up a CI system, after spending some time in the scary Jenkins side of town. Likes long walks through the woods and fine wine.
- We installed Bamboo to evaluate it on it's own system and so far there have been a great number of what I believe are symptoms of Catalina configuration issues. It's almost impossible to diagnose and solve without logs, which so far are not being generated in the <Bamboo install dir>/logs location.
Symptoms of the problem I'm trying to eventually solve: inconsistent communication through a web browser at port 8085 (the default) from a remote system, and even on localhost sometimes. Typically, manifest as timeouts. I can ping the port remotely through Windows PowerShell. Java exceptions and cryptic activity on the console (cryptic because I'm not, in truth, a server administrator, just a software engineer in a small group)
We've spent almost the whole week just trying to get it to a stable state after install.