Dear Trello User,
we need a Tool for Trello that recognizes duplicate Cards. The tool should recognize while I'm writing that this card exists already. Is there an add on or a trick?
Thank you very much and have a sunny day!
Andrea
@Andrea what constitutes duplication? having the same title, same description, some portion of the title matching ... ?
Thank you for responding, Iain!
Having the same card title. It should be like that:
I create a new card and I start writing Iain Dooley and there is an automatic completion so I know, stop, we already have this card. Something like that
Sure, I could make a search, but that costs too much time. Any ideas?
Have a sunny day
@Andrea hmm I can't see any existing chrome extensions or powerups that would do this while you were typing, but here's a solution in Trellinator that will detect when a duplicate card is created, link to it from the existing card, post a comment informing you of where the existing card is and archive the duplicate:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/20a4f27a841aa94673c7ffad5bd026c1
You can see how to setup/install Trellinator here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
Thank you for helping, Iain! One of these days, when I have the courage to try this procedure I will install the Trellinator. And it is very likely that something happens I don't understand. I will tell
Cheers Andrea
The strongest way would be recognising same phone number
Quick answer for this:
Simple automation.
when a card is added to the board, lookup the card named {triggercardname}, add the yellow "Duplicate Detected" label and add the link "{foundcardlink} to the card
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.