I am looking for a way to export data from archived cards to a spreadsheet. If there a better way to get the data instead of doing it manually by going through each and every card?
Hi
Perhaps this will help: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trelloexport/kmmnaeamjfdnbhljpedgfchjbkbomahp
I installed a similar extension. Thanks, I'll check it out.
@Tai Nguyen this is a great article on backing up Trello to Google Sheets:
http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/trello-backup-30
@Tai Nguyen
Hi Tai,
one way to do this is to set up an "Archive Board", where archived cards from one or several boards are collected (I use the automation tool Butler for this), and then create a JSON-file from this board.
(I describe this approach in this article: https://medium.com/@nspirITing/3-workflows-for-archiving-cards-in-trello-4fd3f6a9d65f)
Importing JSON into a spreadsheet shouldn't be too difficult.
Yes, that makes lots of sense. It would be easier to export the whole board. I haven’t had a chance to read the article you sent, but I will.
I guess the next question would be is there a simple and fast or automated way to move the cards already archived to the archived board?
Hm, that's tricky ... before I continue thinking about it: do you already have an account with Butler? (Because if not, then we would have to stop here anyway as Butler currently doesn't allow new users on board)
Thanks, I'll take a look!
@Tai Nguyen @Katrin Anger here's the Trellinator code to do it:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/6f78c2fe6c19f86cb4bcf1a6907a1241
The search function will return 1000 cards, so as you append each row to the spreadsheet it moves the cards to an archive board, this means you can re-run the script over and over again until all cards have been moved off your board and into an archive board list.
You can see how to setup and run this code here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
It takes just a few seconds using this Trello Excel export Chrome browser extension!
Can you describe why you want to export an archived card data to a spreadsheet?
are you possibly trying to see which cards were completed within a date range such as by month?
please describe your goal and we'll figure out a solution .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.