All time I assign tasks for my team, but I don't know if they read them or not or when.
Ask them to write a comment
Isn't safe
@Manuel Briones there's no "read card" event in Trello, nor is an action triggered when a card is viewed or opened.
One obvious question to ask would be: at what point would you like to be notified? Like, if such an event existed in Trello, would you like to be notified the first time someone clicks on a card and not thereafter?
How are you assigning tasks, by adding team members? What would signify that they have accepted responsibility?
Perhaps instead of adding members, you could mention them in a comment and ask them to add themselves to the card to accept responsibility.
There may be a better way to achieve the outcome you're after. Have a go at describing your ideal workflow.
We have a lot of clients, each client has a different workflow and each one has a different Trello board.
For 3+ years we are using Trello Business Class with our Team to organize our tasks (we have designers, developers and sales agents) and Trello was easily to use to all.
Trello notifications isn't sufficient when we assigns a lot of tasks in different boards, some team members works in their own tasks without reply a card until it's finished. Then we need a very simple control to know if some team member has "seen" a card (like Mailtrack with emails). Why? because:
1.- An employee can say "I don't seen card" (when really was seen)
2.- An employee has lost they internet connection, they wasn't notified and before I lost hours or days I can made a call phone or something similar to get work do.
I assign tasks adding team members. I'm the boss xD, I don't need they "accept" responsibility.Thanks in advance
@Manuel Briones okay, I have had the same problem with managing a remote team and relying on Trello's notifications, and the Cards view makes it difficult to catch lots of tasks across a range of different boards. It also makes it hard for you to re-arrange people's priorities across multiple boards.
For this reason I created this integration called Benko Board which does a few things:
1) Allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client
2) Unsubscribes you from any card you're added to so you only get notified about being added, mentioned and removed
3) Adds a card to your Inbox for any card you're added to or comment you're mentioned in, linked back to the original, thus creating a better version of both the cards view and the notifications drawer
As The Boss(TM) you can then easily reprioritise things by going into their Benko Board and moving important tasks to the top of their priority list:
https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard
@Iain Dooley Benkoboard it's a very interesting product (I've checked your video) but I don't see how it can be helps with my question, our cards are tasks coming from whatsapp conversations, phone calls, meetings and not only emails.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.