I am using a product where in the deployment needs to happen in a particular directory of unix, which not only contains the source archived in bit bucket but also contains some dynamic files which should not be touched during the deployment and hence cannot delete the whole diretory and redeploy using untar command.
I am using unix server where the files are deployed using a untar command.
eg. tar -xvf cust.tar
I am stuck in the below scenario.
eg)
Step1 ) Bit bucket branch contains version1
a.sh (ver1)
b.sh (ver1)
c.sh (ver1)
deployment from bitbucket happened, the 3 files got deployed in the server using untar command tar -xvf <tarfilename>
a.sh (ver1)
b.sh (ver1)
c.sh (ver1)
step2)
Bit bucket branch contains version2
a.sh (got deleted)
b.sh (ver2)
c.sh (ver2)
deployment from bitbucket happened, the 2 files got deployed in the server using untar command tar -xvf <tarfilename>. The deployment server contains the below file after using the untar command
a.sh (ver1) (contains the file from the previous deployment, which is not needed now)
b.sh (ver2)
c.sh (ver2)
Problem statement :- after the deployment in step2, I would require a handle to know the deleted file in the branch.
I have tried mutiple option like
git whatchanged
git log --diff-filter=D --summary | grep deleted (this command give the entire list of master branch as well, I am looking for the file deleted only in that particular branch).
Request help regarding the same. I am using Bamboo for CI and CD.
Regards
Vijay