If am having a major problem checking out branches. If several remote branches are all at the same commit as each other (for example, if I have just created a new branch), they all appear on the same line of the history. How the heck do you choose which one you want to check out?
Double clicking or right clicking "checkout" seems to check out one of the branches at random -- I think it must be whichever one already has a local branch created for it. Sourcetree does not prompt me to select which remote branch I actually want to check out locally.
Also, if I already have the master checked out, and I want to check out a branch that has just been branched off the master, the "checkout..." option is greyed out entirely. So, how do I switch between branches that are on the same line of the history???
(I am coming from GitExtensions, where you can right click on a row that contains several branch heads, and select which one you want to check out. If you select a remote branch that doesn't already have a corresponding local branch, it creates one for you and checks it out. How do I do this in SourceTree?)
